Proof of Claim Assignment
The Conservation and Liquidation Office (CLO) recognizes the rights of claimants to assign their approved claims. The CLO is obliged to ensure that assignments are valid and that the processing of assignments does not create an undue burden on estate resources.
- The CLO strongly recommends that the assignor (seller) carefully review the CLO Companies' webpage for the estate prior to making the assignment. Any questions regarding the estate should be directed to the appropriate Estate Trust Officer.
- All requests for assignments must be submitted to the CLO on a Conservation and Liquidation Office Change of Address/Assignee Notification Declaration Form.
- Once a properly completed Conservation and Liquidation Office Change of Address/Assignee Notification Declaration form is received by the CLO it will be reviewed to ensure that it has been satisfactorily completed and notarized.
- The assignor may be contacted and asked to confirm in writing that they did indeed assign their claim to the party listed on the document. A letter, fax or E-mail from the assignor will be accepted as a form of confirmation.
- The assignee (buyer) will be contacted in writing (letter, fax or E-mail) informing them that the assignment has been received and approved by the Receiver's office.
- Failure to properly complete the form according to these instructions may cause your claim to be delayed or disallowed.
- Assignments of claim will not be accepted after the court approved cut-off date.
Proof of Claim Change of Address
Please mail the Conservation and Liquidation Office Change of Address/Assignee Notification Declaration Form to:
Conservation and Liquidation Office
PO Box 26894
San Francisco, CA 94126-0894
If you have any questions, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org